Sometimes you need to save what you see on a computer screen to a file to share with or send to somebody (especially the technical team in case of an error) or for your own future reference. This is sometimes referred to as screen capture.
To do this
1. While looking at the contents on the screen that you are interested in, locate the keyboard key written on PrntScr which is on most keyboards located towards the top right corner of the keyboard.
2. Press the PrntScr key once softly (technically, this saves the screen to computer memory known as clipboard).
3. Open a new MS word blank document
4. While in MS Word looking at a blank document, click anywhere in the blank open document, then click on Home and then click on Paste. Or alternatively you can press Ctrl-v (press both the keyboard key marked Ctrl and the keyboard key marked V at the same time – may need to use two hands). This should put an image of the screen contents into the blank document.
5. Save the document (File Save or File Save as). Make sure you save the document in your preferred folder (even if it is the Desktop) and give it a name of your choice.
6. When required, you can open or share this file with anybody as an attachment.
Note that there are other methods of doing this like using software like the snipping tool.